Help!!

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

DoctorSaul

Help!!

Post by DoctorSaul »

I just set up my new Shark Pro Plus. I see that the jog function works, and I ran the square-in-the-air program.

However, I have tried to carve my 1st sample sign, Bullshead. I followed the instructions to set up the operating parameters, double and triple checked them. When I download the G-code, then "run from SD card", the router starts up and I see in the left panel that the G-code is running. The router however, is staying within 1/4 inch of the x,y,z origns.....so the sign that is produced is very, very, very small about 1/4 inch x 1/2 inch!!! I double checked that I entered the sign dimensions in inches (13 x 6) and not millimeters, and everything else seems ok.

Is the problem that I don't have a mini-SD card installed? Does the controller come with a mini-card already installed?

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong..

Saul

Tim Owens

Re: Help!!

Post by Tim Owens »

Saul,

What I think is happening is your software controller is not detecting that you have a plus and is trying to use the paramaters for the Pro. Email me a phone number towens@nextwaveautomation.com and when I should call and we can get is set up for you.

Thanks

Tim

DoctorSaul

Post by DoctorSaul »

Tim:

Did you get my email??? Are we on for a phone call at 10:00 am (Central Time Zone) this morning (Tuesday, November 16). Please call me at 636-532-9726.

Saul

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Good to talk with you Saul,

For everyone else. The problemthat I thought we had here (which I was concerned about) was that his software was not detecting he has a Pro plus controller. That turned out not to be the case. The actual issue was that he was not using the correct post processor (was using the Standard Gcode.pp) and that post P was set to MM not inches so that is why it was so small.
Thanks

Tim

DoctorSaul

Post by DoctorSaul »

Thanks for the assistance, Tim!

Actually, the error was that I had loaded the wrong processor. I had loaded "G Code ATC (inch) (*.tap)" and this is the wrong code. The correct code is: '"CNCShark USB ARCS (inch) (*.tap)". It was not clear in the instructions that when one got to the pulldown menu that lists all the various processor codes, that the correct code to be used is "CNCShark USB ARCS (inch) (*.tap)"". Thanks to Tim Owens assistance/advice we were able to quickly identify and correct the error.

Now, back to making sawdust!!

Saul