Assembly of the CNCshark pro

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Garywood

Assembly of the CNCshark pro

Post by Garywood »

unboxed gantry and base only to find holes in bottom of gantry support do not agree in direction or number to the base. There seems to be a missing part on each side that bolts to the base with 2 holes in the end of each beam and then has six holes to coincide with the with the gantry supports.

checked through all the packing material boxes, did find 12 bolts and nuts for the 12 holes in the bottom of the gantry supports.

Does anyone know if the brackets normally get removed for shipping preps? and who do I contact rockler or Shark pro?

CountryWoodCrafts

Re: Assembly of the CNCshark pro

Post by CountryWoodCrafts »

The reason for the extra holes are so that you can adjust height for larger or smaller work that can't be accessed through the normal travel of the Z axis.

http://www.cncsharktalk.com/download/fi ... &mode=view

The above link shows my system . . .even though it is a different size from yours you can see the extra holes. . . .mine has even more OPEN holes.

Garywood

Post by Garywood »

I see your extrra holes in the gantry support frame. My problem, perhaps I did not explain it well is the machine has nothing to connect those holes with the base beams. The base beams have two holes in the end of each with their centerline running parallel to the wide direction of the gantry support. The holes in the gantry support are parallel with the long dimension of the base beams. I took a picture of the unassembled unit but have not figured out how to attach it to the file.

I am interested finding out if you special ordered the extra hole pattern in the gnatry supports for adjusting the gantry up or down to accomodate thicker project setups. I try to figure out how to get the picture added to the question.

Measurements of the base beams was 31.250 inches the measurement between gantry support was 31.375 inches. Leading me to believe that a 1/16 inch think bracket bolts between base beam and the ganttry support. The bottom line is if you put the bolts in the gantry holes there is nothing to attach to the base beams.

Thanks so much for casting some light on the assembly problem. Hope there will be more leading to a solution.

garywood
Last edited by Garywood on Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CountryWoodCrafts

My unit is twice the length of a standard unit . . .they put in the extra holes and I did not know it. . .I found out later they did it so I could have more adjustment if needed.

By what you are saying it does sound like there is a possibility the aluminum angle bracket may be awol . . .
DSCF3337.JPG

CountryWoodCrafts

Attaching photos
untitled.JPG

Garywood

Post by Garywood »

here is the view of the base showing the 2 holes in each of the end beams of the base. what is missing is the blocks/brackets that lineup with the gantrysupport holes and the 2 holes in the base unit beams along with the hardware needed to secure to base unit. The parts package did include the 12 bolts and nuts needed to attach the gantry.

Minitucking

Post by Minitucking »

The part you are looking for is the one in the red box. 4 pieces total. Tim should be able to help you out.
IMG_0435.JPG