'Registration Database error' on touchplate

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

mmatarella

'Registration Database error' on touchplate

Post by mmatarella »

Had my touchplate working on old control panel 1.5 for a couple years, but just got Control Panel 2.0 and while I can register the new control panel software and re register the shark, when I attempt to re register the touchplate I get a 'Registration Database error'. The internet connection on the machine is good (downloaded the control panel and manual too).

I've emailed support, called and left messages all day with no replies. I'm in a time crunch, and while I could run the large batch of jobs on the 1.5 panel it basically means settling for some issues that the virtual zero would eliminate, and that I just flushed $150 down the drain. Not a happy camper.

Anyone seen this error?

Thanks in any case!
Mark

mmatarella

Re: 'Registration Database error' on touchplate

Post by mmatarella »

Fixed. They were having a problem with their registration system. I got an email Tuesday afternoon apologizing for the delay in responding and explaining the problem. It seemed resolved Tuesday eve. I was able to finish registering hardware around 10 pm. I'd advise (As a guy that runs an IT tech group) that they should have changed their voice mail announcement and support email auto reply to acknowledge the issue, they could have save a volume of messages from those like me that didn't know why I couldn't get a response to a frustrating problem. If I'd even just have heard they knew there was a prob I'd have been satisfied.