Axis Direction

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Seppy

Axis Direction

Post by Seppy »

Just purchased a Shark CNC HD3 and unboxed it yesterday. I am ready to cut but the X and Z axis direction are backwards. Does anyone know how to change them?

4DThinker

Re: Axis Direction

Post by 4DThinker »

If your cables are marked and matched to the inputs, then something is wrong with either the marking of the cables or labelling of the control box inputs. Try swapping the Z cable with the X cable at the control box inputs. Z is the vertical axis. In Jog mode of the control software PGUP should move the router UP and PGDN should move t down. X is left and right, and Y is front to back when facing the gantry/router. The four arrow keys on your keyboard manage X and Y jogging.

bill z

Post by bill z »

Pardon a new guy here. Could the problem be a matter of perspective?

Before I got my Shark, I thought the orientation was where I am looking at the gantry and it crossed me going from the left to right.

However, the machine I purchased came with a table and a dust box where the box only allows me access to the table from the front of the table where the gantry would ether move toward or away from me.

In my case the X and Y are OK, but would appear to be opposite from my preconceived view prior to the purchase.

Does this help? It may be that the cables to the motors were swapped on my machine to make it work like this. I do not know.

Just some thoughts.

mickr

Post by mickr »

I have no clue, but I saw on another forum that a problem like this was the gantry had been installed backwards.