shark cuts some vectors overlapping

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

nboyce

shark cuts some vectors overlapping

Post by nboyce »

Hello! I've had my CNC shark for a few months now, and I sometimes get this problem, not always. I'm starting in VCarve, Windows 7 64 bit, and going from there.

Problem: I try to pocket cut the word "Fabrication", about 18" long total, with a 1/8" bit. It starts with the 'n' and goes backwards from there, which is fine. But for one, the x-y zero seems to a few inches from what I set it to (I set the lower-left 0-0, about 2" right and 2" up from the table's true 0-0, but then when it cut, it went further down, more like to the tables true 0-0. Z zero is fine).

But for two, my real problem, it does "abrication" fine, going backwards....then the "F" directly over the "a"! It doesn't look this way in the VCarve toolpath preview. If everything was shifted 2", or mirrored or anything like that I could imagine troubleshooting, but this seems so random/eccentric, and don't even know where to start?

I'm using CNCShark-USB-Arcs_inch post processor.

I have this model of Shark :http://www.rockler.com/cnc-shark-routin ... 0-software

zanemeis

Re: shark cuts some vectors overlapping

Post by zanemeis »

First check loose connectors.
is the gantry hitting the limit of the table

NWASupport

Re: shark cuts some vectors overlapping

Post by NWASupport »

Zanemeis has a great point. If the machine is hitting any of its limits, it will cause the machine to lose position. If you could post your .crv and .tap file here, we would all be happy to help troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Next Wave Automation Technical Support