hd5 xaxis AAAnd y axis question .

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Firehouse_mike

hd5 xaxis AAAnd y axis question .

Post by Firehouse_mike »

ive had an hd5 for a few months now ... recently had a hiccup with a v carve file . didnt realize something waaay away from the cut was still selected .... hit a holddown clamp at a glancing blow . i was able to stop the file before things got worse , but ive been noticing some play in the x axis . is it supposed to be anchored in some way on the side without the stepper motor ? and also while trying to sort out the x axis , i did a pretty decent clean and lube .. since doing so , and also turning the 6 screws ( one at a time )
that hold the gantry on around to better accomodate a cable track , ive had a loud squeal/squeak sound coming from under the table on the same side .... everything is lubed and fairly clean ... im gonna investigate further tomorrow but any tips would be appreciatedi also have a video , but im unsure of how to post it .
Attachments
84571171_220449668976143_2829353781194391552_n(1).jpg

tonydude

Re: hd5 xaxis AAAnd y axis question .

Post by tonydude »

I always try to clean my machine about every 24 hrs of carving. I use silicon spray on the rails also.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.