G-Code Line Limit for Shark Pro

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Commerce Steve

G-Code Line Limit for Shark Pro

Post by Commerce Steve »

Does anybody know if there is a g-code line limit to the shark pro?

i've had some projects succeed and fail from 1500-2500 lines; I'm trying to figure out if its software vs hardware or both.

Rando

Re: G-Code Line Limit for Shark Pro

Post by Rando »

I regularly run very long files; I've heard others say theirs run for well over a day.

For example, one file is 8.2 MB in size, and 216,491 lines. Takes about 2 hours to run.

One thing to note: the controller cannot handle either of these, but somehow get put in there:

a + sign in an axis value. So, X1.414 is legal, but X+1.414 is not, and the file will fail to run. This
one is pretty unlikely, as it usually requires a breaking change made to the post-processor file.

Nested comments. The TAP files allow comments between parentheses...but, if there is another
pair, say in a tool description comment, then it will see the first closing-paren as the close of the
comment, and try to process the rest of the comment as GCode.

So, this is okay:

(Tool: 0.25D 2flute 0.030Radius carbide endmill)

But this is not:

(Tool: 0.25D 2flute (0.030Radius) carbide endmill)

But, Vectric doesn't enforce that rule, so "0.25D 2flute (0.030Radius) carbide endmill" is a perfectly
allowed tool description. Right up until the moment you try and run the file on the machine.

Anyway, hopefully it will be something simple.

And, of course, take the SD card out, format it on a PC, put it back in, and try running the file again.

Regards,

Rando
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

Commerce Steve

Re: G-Code Line Limit for Shark Pro

Post by Commerce Steve »

Seems to be working much better after replacing a 4gb SD card with an newly formatted 512mb card.. I have had a couple of random losses of X position that is not slip of the lead screws..