Error lights & file not uploading

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

nlukeking

Error lights & file not uploading

Post by nlukeking »

Howdy.

I have a Shark Pro HD and it's experiencing issue/s.

I've attached 2 photos, one showing the controller software, the other the control box.
When I turn on the control box it shows the flashing blue and orange lights when the usb cable isn't connected to the computer.
It only shows the orange and red lights steady, when I have the usb cable plugged into the computer.

The controller software works fine. I can control the movement of the Shark, load files.
When I go to Run File, it brings up the uploading window with the first blue bar (the sequential blue bars that show progress), then starts, there are a couple of clicks from the Shark, but then nothing. It seems like the Shark only received a small portion of the gcode, as the controller software then appears that the gcode has run its course. e.g. the E-stop software button isn't available.

I've checked the three fuses in the control box, no issues. I've formatted the 1Gb SD card, which was in the machine working previously.
I've tried a different freshly formatted 2gb SD card. No change.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thank you.

Nathan King
Attachments
IMG20230831141345.jpg
IMG20230831141355.jpg

nlukeking

Re: Error lights & file not uploading

Post by nlukeking »

I've also tried formatting 2 different Micro SD cards using FAT & FAT32.
I've also tried reinstalling the software and drivers.
I've also tried changing usb cables.
I've also tried changing usb ports on the PC.
I've removed the cover of the physical controller. Inspected to see if there were any issues with the cabling, boards, components.

The blue light sporadically comes on when the physical controller is started. I can't think of any logical difference as to when it does and doesn't.

Bob

Post by Bob »

nlukeking,

It's time to contact Next Wave directly. They have always provided excellent help:
https://www.nextwavecnc.com/support

Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

nlukeking

Post by nlukeking »

Thanks for the link.

I will try to obtain their assistance.