Router Auto On/ Off

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

hdtheater

Router Auto On/ Off

Post by hdtheater »

How does the Shark Pro Plus automatically turn the router on and off?

Thanks,

Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

ffloyd

Re: Router Auto On/ Off

Post by ffloyd »

I saw that as a line item in the feature list. Give me a couple of weeks for my ProPlus to arrive.
Fred
Shark HD520, JTech Laser, 4thAxis
Aspire v11.5

REG

Post by REG »

The shark controller does it. You plug the router into the back of the controller. The controller has solid state relay that opens/closes based on commands.

ntholleb

Post by ntholleb »

Hi I am in the process of setting up my new shark pro plus. I have the router plugged into the receptacle on the back of the controller box. It should start automatically. However, the router does not automatically turn on when I run a toolpath (.tap) from the CNC Shark Control Panel. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Do you have the router in the on position before plugging in to controller?
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

damauk

Post by damauk »

Have you downloaded the new post processor from the Next Wave Downloads? Here is the downloads link - http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/DownLoads.aspx. Just download the appropriate Post Processor (IN or MM). If you don't have the newest post processor on your machine already you will need to save the tool paths again from Vcarve so the post processor can program the on/off code to run the router. I hope this makes sense.

-David Maulik