"side-by-side" error.

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

FixitMike

"side-by-side" error.

Post by FixitMike »

When I tried to run the Vcarve Pro, I got an error message: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect." After a lot of Googling, I found this solution: Use windows explorer to look at the installation CD. Right click on on the autorun Application file, and select "Open as Administrator". This starts the setup program and it will install Vcarve Pro correctly. Added: This didn't work. See my last post on the subject.
Last edited by FixitMike on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: "side-by-side" error.

Post by jeb2cav »

Thanks Mike for the tip - what operating system are you using?

FixitMike

Post by FixitMike »

Windows 7.

FixitMike

Post by FixitMike »

It's back! Tried to run it again and got the same error message. No solution yet. Sent a new e-mail to Vectric.

FixitMike

And even more:

Post by FixitMike »

I've found that on my desktop is where I get the error message.
OS: Windows 7 home premium, service pack 2, 32 bit. (But it wouldn't run before I updated with service pack 2, either.)

On my laptop it works just fine.

So, I'm in business, but I can't use my desktop to run Vcarve, which is what I would prefer to do.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

The difference between the machines is almost certainly permissions - some archane - permissions problem. The quickest bet for resolution is to send a query to Vectric support - support@vectric.com. If you do and get it resolved, let us know what solved it (please).

FixitMike

Solved

Post by FixitMike »

From Vectric Support:

"Have a look in Add / Remove programs and uninstall any instances of "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable".
If you then navigate to the “C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspire V2.0\Exec” folder, you should see file named “vcredist_x86.exe”. (Except that I looked in the Vcarve folder, of course.) Double click on this file and follow the prompts to install the program. (This may take some time to complete)."

I did as suggested, except that I right clicked on "vcredist_x86.exe” and selected "Run as Administrator".

The whole process took 4 hours to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable. Most of the time my computer just acted like it was stalled, but it did finally finish. Now I can open Vcarve Pro and see what it can do.