What's the Next Feature You Would Like?

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

2Big

Re: What's the Next Feature You Would Like?

Post by 2Big »

Table cutting routine is easy enough in V-carve- Draw a 25" square and pick the pocket toolpath- Set your tool and depth and your in business, I put 3/4 slats on my table and cut flat this way.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

thepuchman wrote:Actual control panel instead of trying to use a mouse to click on jog buttons or Pause bar to prevent a crash
The number pad keys work as a jog pad for X/Y/Z, and you can get a USB or Bluetooth number pad accessory to use as a control panel. Nice that it can be set up on the table when jogging. I'm not sure if any key is mapped to Pause or emergency Stop, but some of those number pads come with a space bar. I've seen some that include both the number pad as well as dedicated direction/home/end/ins/del keys. Just a thought.

aaronoverholser

Post by aaronoverholser »

I would like to have a knife attachment to cut vinal graphics with. Remove the router, insert the knife attachment and cut vinal and other such thin materials. :D

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

aaronoverholser wrote:I would like to have a knife attachment to cut vinal graphics with. Remove the router, insert the knife attachment and cut vinal and other such thin materials. :D
+1
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

I'd love it if the controller software would accept mulltiple tools in a TAP file, and then when a tool change comes up simply stop the router, move to 0,0, and some Z high enough to change the bit, let you reset Z, then when done you click on "Continue" to allow it to restart and continue with the toolpaths for that bit. Repeat as necessary for each tool change in a TAP file. Of course each tool used would need to have a different number assigned.

WoodEraser

Post by WoodEraser »

The controller take RPM setting from software setting.
Eric the "WoodEraser"
Sun City Center, Florida

If today were perfect there would be no need for tomorrow.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Wooderaser,

You have a shark it can't do that on a router. You need a spindle like on the bigger machines shopbot etc. the router only plugs in the back of the controller no connection to the internal router.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Scottart

Post by Scottart »

New to my Shark, but yes limits would be great in all three axis.

Better dust removal.

Fantasy of a rolling feed device that would automatically drive long pieces in to the Shark.

Cutting rate speeds beyond 200 i/s for materials like foam.

A restart feature. occasionally I have stop a carving run for example, 70 % through the run because something came loose. When I reset the wood and restart the run it goes all the way back to the first vector. Hitting the Emergency stop causes this same result.

Lets say you have 24000 vectors to cut. It would be nice to capture the vector you stopped at, say number 18345. Reset the work, than advance the cut list to vector 18344 and hit resume.

Maybe you can do all this and its just me.

A necked down suction hose that was flexible and could be positioned within .25 of the smaller finer bits in final cutting operations. Again, the big dust boot is ok, but for fine cutting operation get in close and small with a flexible hose.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

I'll chip in for a better dust boot design. Perhaps with a bellows of some sort that would expand and contract to keep the bottom of the brushes in contact with the top of the work.

It would also be nice if the t-track table came with a narrow pre-cut v-groove around the limits of the accessible cut area.

And for a pipe dream: How about a noise cancelling speaker attachment that not only nullifies the noises made when the machine is running, but also lets you pipe your MP3 player or radio audio through it. The router sound alone should be "easy" to generate a cancelling sound for.

djbeam

Post by djbeam »

I would like the ability in the JOG panel to go to a specific spot .. where you enter in X or Y or Z or any combo and the panel would direct the tool to go to that location . ie if you are a 2,3,4(x,y,z) and want to go to 3,5,4 then it would move x+1,y+2,z+0

This can be used with carvings where you use different software that does not necessarily use the same origin ..thus making setup much easier ..