Lithophane question

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sylvainj_2007

Lithophane question

Post by sylvainj_2007 »

I am getting some file that are very high resolution and i am having a problem with the outcome i posted the file and i am afraid that it will come up all pitted !!! i tried changing the resolution and it is still looking bad. How can i fix the picture so it can be incorporated into PVC and reduce the effect on his face and her arm.

Thanks

Hope the picture is not too too big not sure how it will show guess i will find out soon.

Sylvain
Attachments
Sabre and me.jpg
me and shadow shaded.bmp

tonydude

Re: Lithophane question

Post by tonydude »

The preview looks ok. What are your settings in PVC. Mine are set at .125 ball nose for rough and .0625 ball nose with a 10% step over on the tool. There is a write up that I did on how to do it on this forum it gives step by step.

http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... lithophane

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

You didn't mention it and I haven't got a lot of experience with photo vCarve, but wondering if you changed it from color to black and white before you processed it into PVC? Also another thing you might try is to do a "soften" of the picture which smooths out some high contrast problems, ie will smooth the freckles on her arm etc. I use Picassa for a lot of picture issues, especially cropping and straightening and some light touch up. Might try a few things to adjust the picture before you bring it in and see what effect it has.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

Wolffie1

Post by Wolffie1 »

All that pitting on the arm are the freckles.
Have you got a photo program like Corel PaintShopPro or CorelPaint the can do skin smoothing or blemish remover?
I tried a bit but it will take a long time to remove it all.
I haven't tried on the dog as yet but all that hair will do the same to the picture.

Cheers
Wolffie

sylvainj_2007

Post by sylvainj_2007 »

Thanks for the help will try it out