Learning to use Shark Pro Plus

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Doctor Bob

Learning to use Shark Pro Plus

Post by Doctor Bob »

Is there anyone in the Wichita, Ks area who could help me learn to use the Shark Pro Plus, I bought it 3 years ago and couldn't seem to get started. I gave up and it's been sitting for most of the three years doing nothing.

If I can't get some help I may as we'll sell it. The one line tutorials don't help much.

milo30

Re: Learning to use Shark Pro Plus

Post by milo30 »

what exactly is giving you the most problems? the vectric software or the actual machine? if it is the vcarve then you'd have a greater group of people on their forum to reach out to.
if you give us more info we may be able to walk you through enough to get you moving.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

Doctor Bob,

I'm in Manhattan and know the Shark and VCarve inside out. If you are ever up this way (say for a KSU game) I'd be happy to show you the basics. I have my own older Shark and also oversee a Shark HD 2.0 in the college furniture design shop I teach in.

That said, the instructional videos at vectric.com are very informative related to VCarve. Link: http://support.vectric.com/training-material/vcarve-pro

Getting a drawing through VCarve, toolpathed, saved, into the Shark Controller, etc.. can be a challenge to even the most savvy and CAD-smart college kids though. You should feel no shame. PM me here and I'll give you my contact info.

Doctor Bob

Post by Doctor Bob »

I would be happy to come to Manhattan some time if you would be willing to help me get started. Let me know some times that you would be available (except Sundays, since I'm a pastor at our church) I would like to meet you and get some training. Doc Bob

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

I teach at K-State during the week, but nearly any Saturday would be fine. I have a Shark in my garage, as well as one in the college furniture design shop. Get in mind something you want to make, and we can work though drawing it up, toolpathing, and cutting it out.

Doctor Bob

Post by Doctor Bob »

Thanks, I'll contact you about a date in the next few days.