New User

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jbeav

New User

Post by jbeav »

I have just started using my machine and have tried making few simple letters. I am getting a rough finish and would like to know if any one has had this happen? I am using a 1/8" straight bit and have used pine and poplar so far. I have changed speeds and a new bit, no difference. Any suggestions?[attachment=0]Labelle-20131106-00102 (2).jpg
Attachments
Labelle-20131106-00102 (2).jpg

McBuster

Re: New User

Post by McBuster »

Pending the direction of the piece to the gantry and router, that will determine the pattern seen here.

You may want to check the router for being vertical to the work area. Not left/right, but front/back. This can be easily adjusted if needed. There u=i a Link within the Forum that describes how to do it.
Jon ...
Woodbury Mn

milo30

Post by milo30 »

You stated that you changed speeds but changed them to what? Is your table flat to your router? Try lowering your stepover. You can take a wire and bend like
l_______
l then place one end in the router and adjust the z until the opposite end touches your table, spin it around by hand and see if your router is parallel to your table. The wider the wire the more accurate. If not then you will need to make adjustments depending on which machine you have.

Also what depth are you making the cuts on a pass. I'm betting your settings are too aggressive for the machine.

jbeav

Post by jbeav »

I followed a tutorial using the same size bit making a sign and used the speeds that were used on it, the speed was 12000 rpm, feed rate 100 inch/sec and plunge of 30. My cutting depth is 1/8". I have changed the feed to 80, 70 and 50, no difference. Usually the first letter looks good, but then the next letter looks a little worse and continues to get worse. I move the board to where I am starting close to the same spot each time and I have checked the table to make sure it is flat.

ohiococonut

Post by ohiococonut »

Your table may be flat but you need to check and see if your router is perpendicular to the table. Bend a section of wire (coat hanger) like a Z, only with a straight section in the middle. Make the center leg about 4" long. Now, lay a piece of paper down, place the bent wire in the router, lower it so it touches in the front and rotate it by hand as if you're trying to draw a circle and see if it touches all the way around.
From the looks of the cut, chances are your router is tipped one way.

If you don't have 1/4" or 1/8" rod a coat hanger will do and you can tape it to the spindle nut if need be or bend a small loop on one end so you can slip it into the router collet.
Del

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

take a small square and set it up next to the router bit in all directions to see if it's square to the table. I had to square mine because it was doing the same thing as yours.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.