gcode start and stopping

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

bill 2014

gcode start and stopping

Post by bill 2014 »

Hi ! I have a problem with a 9hour project and would like to stop it at to go to sleep. Then the next day start back up where i stopped . but the shark control panel i have on my computer will not let me do that. I have a 3yr old shark pro .Can any one help me ? Thanks Bill 2014

4DThinker

Re: gcode start and stopping

Post by 4DThinker »

The best I can suggest is to pause the cut., preferably while the bit is in the air between passes.
Manually turn off the router.
Do NOT close the controller or turn off the PC.
You can turn off your monitor if you want, and power off your keyboard and mouse if they are wireless.

Go to sleep, but make sure everyone knows not to touch the PC at the CNC while you are away from it.

When you wake up reverse the process. Make sure the router is ON, then the last step would be to hit "Continue" in the controller software.

BillK

Post by BillK »

4D, I tried that once or twice with some strange results. I was probably using the 1.5 control at the time. I paused, shut off the router, changed the speed setting on the colt, turned it back on and hit continue. The router then bobbed up and down in the Z direction, followed by me hitting the E-stop.

So please try this before you trust it. Better yet, learn how to do these jobs in reasonable time chunks. The longest cut I've ever run is less than 2 hours and I done some large carves. If you have Aspire this is easy to do. Not sure about Cut3D and V-carve.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

bill 2014

Post by bill 2014 »

Thank you all for your advise . But now i have to buy new collet and a good end mill. Before i can start this project.

Danwood

Post by Danwood »

Hi I have another suggestion. Go to the place you want to stop at. Insert the line of code M0, that is M Zero. That is the program stop code.
turn off your router but leave the machine running. when you come back click turn on the router click on Cycle start and the program will resume.
Danwood