Zero

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

WayneK

Re: Zero

Post by WayneK »

I am having a similar problem with a brand new controller box that I just bought for my Black Diamond Edition CNC Shark from NWA. I just sent this inquiry to support at NWA. If anyone has answers please post them.

2. I have problems setting up the new controller I just purchased.
a. The new controller is not sending correct z-axis information to the Shark Black Diamond.
b. When I use the touch plate to set the Z0, the controller seems to set the bit about 1/8” above the work piece surface. The old controller didn’t do this. See CNC setup #7.
c. To help you diagnose this z-axis error I have sent you screenshots of how I have setup the SC2 software. See SC_1 through SC_4.
d. I finished the circle cut through I was doing when the old controller plunged the bit into the table yesterday. The z-axis depth information the controller is sending to the router seems to be off by a factor of 2.15.
e. In order to get the router to cut through my 0.72” thick material I had to program the tool path to cut down 1.55”. See attach toolpath.
f. I discovered this z-axis depth error by making 6 runs each time increasing the depth of cut in Aspire by 0.1” until I finally got the end mill bit to cut fully through my .716” work piece by instructing Aspire to cut to a depth of 1.55”
Attachments
SC_2_touchplate thickness.pdf
Preferences touch plate thickness set to 0.375"
(41.79 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
photo shows gap after setting Z0 with touch plate
photo shows gap after setting Z0 with touch plate
SC_3_collection point.pdf
set collection points in preferences
(43.9 KiB) Downloaded 372 times

4DThinker

Re: Zero

Post by 4DThinker »

At a point I also updated to a new version of the controller. It came improperly programmed for my old motors. Tech support told me about a keyboard CTRL-E shortcut in the controller software to bring up settings for each motor as well as many other bits of info. In my case the problem was a machine code that had to be changed. In your case it sounds like it may be just the value the Z stepper uses to move a certain distance. A search of the here here may find you my original post: http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... ing#p16135

I personally wouldn't change anything without specific instructions from Support, but that is where a fix may be. I think the new keyboard shortcut is CTRL+G in the 2.0 controller.

4D