Hitachi M12VC adapter?

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tonybell9699

Hitachi M12VC adapter?

Post by tonybell9699 »

So like many have said, my Porter Cable is very loud. I saw that the MC12 was well reviewed and much quieter, so I bought one. Well turns out it does not fit in my Shark pro 60th edition. Is there an adapter? Can I make somthing? Thanks in advance, since I bought on Amazon, it's going to be a pain to return :)

Tony

rungemach

Re: Hitachi M12VC adapter?

Post by rungemach »

Hello Tony,

You may be able to get an aluminum router mount with the appropriate size hole from Sam at Dixie Billet. He will do custom hole sizes. They are around 50 dollars and very strong. You would need to know the diameter of the router. Info on the web says its 3.27" (83mm) vs the 3.5" of the porter cable. His email is business@dixiebillet.com

If you are currently using a variable speed porter cable, run it a bit slower for lower noise and better bearing life. If yours is a single speed unit, the Super-PID controller works well with these. I used that setup prior to installing a water cooled spindle, which is very low noise.

tonybell9699

Re: Hitachi M12VC adapter?

Post by tonybell9699 »

rungemach wrote:Hello Tony,

You may be able to get an aluminum router mount with the appropriate size hole from Sam at Dixie Billet. He will do custom hole sizes. They are around 50 dollars and very strong. You would need to know the diameter of the router. Info on the web says its 3.27" (83mm) vs the 3.5" of the porter cable. His email is business@dixiebillet.com

If you are currently using a variable speed porter cable, run it a bit slower for lower noise and better bearing life. If yours is a single speed unit, the Super-PID controller works well with these. I used that setup prior to installing a water cooled spindle, which is very low noise.
Thanks for the tip and email address, I will give him a shout!