Post processors

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

hdtheater

Post processors

Post by hdtheater »

I had a similar post about this on the Vectric forum.

I am looking for ways to reduce the carve time on some 3d jobs I have been doing. At the suggestion of Tonydude, I tried the post processor for 3d pieces (3d contour) as opposed to the standard one (newarcs_inch) due to the differences in the G64 setting being different.

I am unable to get ny improvement in carve time by switching. So far, the only to improve the time is to change the stepover rate. In addition the Control Panel software is nearly doubling the time Vectric estimates the job to take.

Does anybody have additional insight into why this happens and suggestions to speed up the job?

Right now it is taking me 10 hours to carve one piece!
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

Kayvon

Re: Post processors

Post by Kayvon »

Changing the G64 will only help if your job has a lot of small, right corners. It allows the controller to smooth out the movement somewhat, so the CNC maintains a higher rate of motion. On most 2D jobs, I'd imagine it won't yield a noticeable improvement to your times. (And, of course, it won't affect VCarve's estimated time at all.)

You can, of course, increase the feed rate of the bit(s) you're using. There's a tradeoff with quality as you work out the limits of your bits and router.

What sort of pieces are you trying to carve that are taking so long? Could you provide a screenshot?

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Is it right angles only? This job is already set to run at 200ipm. I don't think the Shark can do much better than that.
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

BillK

Post by BillK »

Any chance you could post your carve (not tsp) file? I'd be willing to take a look at it for you.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver