Error when tring to open file

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

misterx

Error when tring to open file

Post by misterx »

Hi, I have been using a flash drive to go from my computer to my PC connected to the shark, and it has been working great no problems. Now I am getting a Error code on some of the files I have been working on. It's a good thing I have been saving the files to two different places (My Documents and the flash drive), now I am going to copy all my files on a second flash drive. My question is can you recover files with error codes? I am sending a print screen of a couple errors, but there are more with different code numbers. Is there a place where I can lookup what the code numbers mean and how they happened? Does anyone know how these errors happen? Thanks Tim
Attachments
Flash drive Error codes.docx
(406.68 KiB) Downloaded 376 times

ruhnau

Re: Error when tring to open file

Post by ruhnau »

My first question is can you open the files on your computer again, and are you trying to open a Vcarve file on your PC or the toolpath file. My other thought is that maybe the flash drive is full and the files are not completely copied.

misterx

Post by misterx »

Yes I can open the file its a vcaeve file on my computer. and yes the flash drive is almost full there is 733mb left before its full. I was using it the other day and it worked fine. Just now I was trying to open it again and it gave me the error code 9. I am so glad I saved it somewhere else. It has happened before with a different error code.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

When a USB drive is almost full you'll run into problems with programs that use the drive you opened for temporary files and work space. I believe VCarve and Aspire want to use some of the source space as when I've saved a .TAP file on a USB drive, try to eject it, the OS warns me something is still using the drive. It takes closing VCarve or Aspire before I can eject the drive safely.

Get a new drive, or at least delete a good chunk of the files off it to make extra space.