Hissing sound from Shark Pro Plus

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

fatboy66

Hissing sound from Shark Pro Plus

Post by fatboy66 »

Hi, I have a new Shark Pro Plus which I have never used to cut a project. When I turn on the control box the shark makes a continual hissing sound. I can jog in all directions with no problems but the hissing sound just continues. Is this normal? The sound can get a bit high pitched at times. The distributor I purchased the shark from had one that he use to demonstrate it working. It never made the hissing sound, so not sure if this is good or bad. Do other sharks hiss as well?

Mimbler

Re: Hissing sound from Shark Pro Plus

Post by Mimbler »

Interesting; I often get that sound when I turn on the controller to my Piranha. It always goes away though, when I jog around to set 0 0 0. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't sound damaging. Hopefully someone with more info than I have can fill us in :)

rsetina

Re: Hissing sound from Shark Pro Plus

Post by rsetina »

Mine does that too. Ever since I bought it. I've never had a problem with the machine and I notice that my radio has a bit of static coming from the speaker when the machine is on too. I've read other post about this too and most if not everyone said they have the same noise.
Rick