.125" End mill, can it be done...

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

aaronoverholser

.125" End mill, can it be done...

Post by aaronoverholser »

Another question, When using VCare to do pocket and through cuts I have a .125" diameter end mill that I need to use. But there is not one listed in the standard bits as an option in Vcarve. If you go in to add a custom bit you cannot add an end mill. So what I did was to make a bit and say that it had a .01 degree angle on the end essentially straight, but under the category of v cutter. Is that the best way to do it?

hdtheater

Re: .125" End mill, can it be done...

Post by hdtheater »

Check the type of cut you are using. Doing pockets and profile cuts, you should be able to create an 1/8" end mill.

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: .125" End mill, can it be done...

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Aaron,

I think Eric hit it on the head - you can only add certain tools in the midst of generating a toolpath - based on the type of toolpath you are creating at that point.

Another method to consider is adding all of your tools to the tool database, that way they are "all" there and available. And, you can set the parameters ahead of time.

A pretty good thread on this topic and some findings in using it from several users is here: http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=263