Some additional questions about my new PRO+

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jamesn1300

Some additional questions about my new PRO+

Post by Jamesn1300 »

OK - I've tried to find all of this here on the forum.. but yeah - it's tough to find all the embedded answers... so sorry for any repeats.
Here are my questions I have submitted to towens@nextwaveautomation.com... with no response.. :(

1. What are the LED’s on the front of the controller box for?
found this in a post in here... thanks.

2. On the back of the controller box, there is an extra D-9 connector… what’s that for?

3. On the back of the controller box, there is an AC outlet… is that for the router to be controlled?
a. If so – does that outlet simply turn on & off to control the router when the program is running?
b. If not - how does it work?
I found in here that the AC outlet is definately for the router but not how it actually works. Does it require a step in the g-code to turn on? ...does that outlet simply turn on & off to control the router when the program is running? I have tried connecting the router to this plug (insured the router is on :)), but it does not do it's thing! I saw somewhere the firmware may not be correct...how do you know what formware is in the controller?

4. I see the SD card slot... but what is the small round black jack for?? it sorta looks like a head phone 1/8" jack...

5. You mention the PRO+ is capable of using a pendant… but I cannot find much more info… can you offer anything more on this?
Could not find much here on this.

6. I am also very interested in the tracing ‘probe’… can you offer any additional comments on this device??
a. How does it work?
b. Requires special software.. (obviously)
c. Limitations?
I have not had the time to look for this info... sorry...

7. Other trim routers that will fit the z axis?

I have made the three axis jog, and run the square sample program... so I consider it a good start!
I'm really looking forward to creating chips! (..yeah the instructions are definately lacking...)
James

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Some additional questions about my new PRO+

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi James - welcome to the forum!

2. The 4th d-9 connector is for a future 4th axis option on the Shark.

3. Yes, that is simply an on/off power for the router.
3a/b. If the router is on, and you run a job, when you select run code in the basic panel, then yes I'm sure, it will start.

3 - firmware - There's no real feedback on what version of firmware is on your control box. If you successfully ran the firmware update - it reports success - then you have installed the latest firmware. That is one of the steps listed in the less than comprehensive user's manual that came with the Shark.

4. The headphone jack is the touch probe cable plugin.

5. The "pendant" is notionally a usb or wireless keypad. Search using the term "keypad" - some useful threads will pop up.

6. A good thread on this is - http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=322 There are some others as well. I never did swing back and provide a longer doc on using this. Maybe someday...

7. The DeWalt 611 can be used, but you need to purchase a different mounting bracket from Next Wave (or make your own). I think there's one other that Next Wave provides a bracket on - but can't find that post quick enough to say.

If you hadn't seen this post on compliments to the user manual - http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=260

Enjoy and feel free to identify what I missed - I'm sure some other folks will chime in as well.

Jamesn1300

Re: Some additional questions about my new PRO+

Post by Jamesn1300 »

Your answers are geratly appreciated... :ugeek:
I'l try to make some chips tonight... (got this day job thing going on.. :? )
James