What G codes are recognized by the Shark Pro Plus?

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

FixitMike

What G codes are recognized by the Shark Pro Plus?

Post by FixitMike »

Also, are there any special programming protocols that the Pro Plus uses?

Buc

Re: What G codes are recognized by the Shark Pro Plus?

Post by Buc »

Mike,
You can open a .tap file with notepad and see what the G-code looks like. It is basic G-code. I do wish we had the ability to use different M-code functions, so we could use the program stops and optional stops. It would help in the longer cycle files. I have tried to alter the .tap file to add a program stop with no success. The controlled did not recognize my changes and would not load the .tap file.
Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

FixitMike

Post by FixitMike »

Buc wrote:Mike,
You can open a .tap file with notepad and see what the G-code looks like. It is basic G-code. I do wish we had the ability to use different M-code functions, so we could use the program stops and optional stops. It would help in the longer cycle files. I have tried to alter the .tap file to add a program stop with no success. The controlled did not recognize my changes and would not load the .tap file.
Buc
I suspect that the problem was that the controller did not recognize the M-codes that you added. That is why I would like a list of the codes that the controller does recognize. The ability to add pauses and remarks would be a real plus. Also, the ability to shut down and re-start the router would be nice.

I don't think that adding a second program to the end of a first using notepad will work. I don't see any way to start up again after the first program stops.

stonker

Post by stonker »

FixitMike wrote:Also, are there any special programming protocols that the Pro Plus uses?
Great question! Would like to know this too.

Buc

Post by Buc »

I have never found an official list of G-codes the Shark will recognize. By looking at the .tap files I have come up with this list. G00, G01, G02, G03, G20, G64, and G90. There is a possibility I have missed some.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

stonker

Post by stonker »

seems to be a highly guarded secret

FixitMike

Some more codes:

Post by FixitMike »

Also:
M3 Start spindle
M02 Program end
F100.0 Feed rate 100 inches/min.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

You have generally hit the codes. We have used the most common codes that are used in cnc machining. A number of Gcodes are not used by us since are machines are designed to be programmed by other software. We didnt worry about all of the other gcodes that are for human operators that cutter compensation for instance.

Thanks

Tim