CNC "Cart"

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

JMOlshefski

CNC "Cart"

Post by JMOlshefski »

Looking for ideas (pictures) of different "carts" that your machine sits on, would like to see some with storage: drawer, controller, pendant, etc.

BillK

Re: CNC "Cart"

Post by BillK »

Do a search on this forum for “Shark Tank” you will find multiple examples of set ups for your Shark.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

bill z

Post by bill z »

JMOlshefski wrote:Looking for ideas (pictures) of different "carts" that your machine sits on, would like to see some with storage: drawer, controller, pendant, etc.
Please realize that there are many sizes of the Shark and Piranha.

Is there a particular size you purchased that you want a cart for?

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

I don't have completed pictures on this computer but this is the start of what I built for my Shark HD4 Extended bed. It's 2 1/2" by 3/16" angle and 2 1/2" by 1/4" square tube for the legs. I mounted the controller and the VFD for the spindle under and just recessed enough that I can hit the E-Stop and adjust the VFD without anything else hitting them. Also keeps the debris away from them and still easy to blow the dust off with the compressed air. It sits on heavy duty casters that lock in both swivel and rolling positions so it stay extremely stable during use and is still easy to move around the shop. The expanded metal tray on the bottom holds the water bucket for the spindle and the dust collection bucket.
Attachments
20190128_150953.jpg
20190128_151021.jpg
20190128_151040.jpg
Shark HD4 Extended Bed, Water Cooled Spindle. VCarve Pro 10.5
Maker of many chips

WNC_Ed

Post by WNC_Ed »

My version of the "Shark Table".
Table is made from 3/4" oak plywood.
I over sized the top by 3" to allow a small shelf for setting tools, tape measure dial calipers, and whatever.
UPS on the left
Spindle control middle left
Shark controller middle right
Drawer made using a Vectric dovetail gadget with ABS carbon fiber look drawer front on the right.
Attachments
Shark Table.JPG
Shark HD4 EB
Maker of Sawdust