Can't load tap file from memory stick to pendant

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gilesw13

Can't load tap file from memory stick to pendant

Post by gilesw13 »

I recently purchased Shark Pro Plus HD and created a simple sign with a couple of words using Vectric VCarve 9.5 to test it out. I went to the toolpath options and selected a v-groove bit and saved first as an Shark HD4 and then as a simple g-code. When I insert the thumb drive it sees both files. The direction say to touch the file and you will get an option to "Load G-Code" via a button on the pendant. When I select the file it goes directly to a screen that shows the contents of the tap file and when I hit next it goes to the screen that wants to start running the program. If I hit start, it both begins the download and also tries to run what has been downloaded in slow motion. What am I missing?

Jim@HeirloomTable

Re: Can't load tap file from memory stick to pendant

Post by Jim@HeirloomTable »

I've another version of this issue . . .
Purchased an HD4 last week because of an issue we were having with system not keeping registration numbers - had to enter them every time I restarted.
I've now got the HD4 attached, pendant hooked up and zeroing is much nicer because I can stand next to the machine and watch exactly where the bit it. I've a flash drive that I have four .tap files on; when I hit the USB button on pendant it opens a window with a slider bar, but shows no files, so can't load one at all. fighting my way through the queue to talk to Tech Support is such a nuisance, thought I'd try here.
I'll watch this thread to see if anyone has suggestions. I didn't see anything about a particular format for the flash drive, or maximum size - is there one?
Thanks, anyone with ideas . . . Jim
{img] https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah_DERvpr7S1gucRJLXD90w7qznizQ[/img]
Jim Creighton, Partner
Heirloom Table Home, Hopkinsville, KY

Jim@HeirloomTable

Post by Jim@HeirloomTable »

Maybe related to the first post - definitely solved mine!
The flash drive must be formatted at FAT32, not ExFAT. Best is max size of 8 gb, otherwise more than about 10 files must be in a sub-folder, not the root.
I'm up and running! Thanks, Russ at NextWave Tech Support.
Jim Creighton, Partner
Heirloom Table Home, Hopkinsville, KY

Poptime

Post by Poptime »

Having the issue, tap files not showing on pendant. reformat the flash drive?
I was wondering why this reminded me of DOS or Win XP. :lol: