Virtual Zero Unlimited

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

OCEdesigns

Virtual Zero Unlimited

Post by OCEdesigns »

Does anyone know if we can upgrade our Virtual Zero software to the new unlimited?

Mine works pretty good but I have done a few signs on random pieces of wood that the compensation of the 5 points virtual zero work fix. It's wood that I really don't want to plane because that is part of what makes the signs unique.
Shark HD4 Extended Bed, Water Cooled Spindle. VCarve Pro 10.5
Maker of many chips

tonydude

Re: Virtual Zero Unlimited

Post by tonydude »

Give them a call (419)491-4520 at nextwave. Some of the new items aren't out yet for sale. I'm waiting for Ready2Control software which should be available Dec 1st
Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

nicksilva

Post by nicksilva »

what is this "new unlimited" of which you speak?

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

nicksilva wrote:what is this "new unlimited" of which you speak?
I'm going to call today to see if I can download it.
It's supposed to be where you can "Map" the surface of the material in unlimited points. Currently it measures 5 points.
Maker of many chips

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Let us know if you get it.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

This is the answer I got from nextwave. The Virtual zero unlimited will be a feature based strictly in the new control panel. As of this moment the New Control Panel does not have a set release date. The new control panel will have to be utilized in order to get access to the virtual zero unlimited feature. The regular virtual zero is still available through the LCD Pendant by selecting "Apps > Virtual Zero."

Tony
Buffalo,NY

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

tonydude wrote:This is the answer I got from nextwave. The Virtual zero unlimited will be a feature based strictly in the new control panel. As of this moment the New Control Panel does not have a set release date. The new control panel will have to be utilized in order to get access to the virtual zero unlimited feature. The regular virtual zero is still available through the LCD Pendant by selecting "Apps > Virtual Zero."

Tony
I forgot to update this thread. But yeah I got the same answer. But the guy I spoke to did say they want to be able to update the older pendants to this new software. I hope this is true!
Maker of many chips

bill z

Post by bill z »

2 things: Won't using virtual zero unlimited take a long time, like twice as long as cutting? What about us guys that don't have pendents and use a computer with our controller? Will Virtual Zero Unlimited be available for us?

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Bill Z contact nextwave support and they might give you an answer.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

bill z wrote:2 things: Won't using virtual zero unlimited take a long time, like twice as long as cutting? What about us guys that don't have pendents and use a computer with our controller? Will Virtual Zero Unlimited be available for us?
I agree to call NWA but the guy I talked to did say it will soon be coming standard with all pendant controls. It sounded like if they do offer it to existing users as an upgrade it will need to be the pendant.

The unlimited feature is supposed to be where you can choose how many points you measure. There are times when I would love to add another 2, 3, or 4 points!
Maker of many chips