HD4 with gantry upgrade can't make a circle

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jacduck

HD4 with gantry upgrade can't make a circle

Post by Jacduck »

Need some help. Circles are not circles hd4 with upgrade to 5. 1st pic #1 shows a check circle after I found the issue on a piece I ran. #2 show getting a new tap from original program DT pro #3 I tried two circles in a original file and #4 new file new circles.

I lubed with silicone after #2 and wiped everything down could not find obstructions.

Second pic new file, just to try to pin things down.

What am I missing?
Others recommended y axis set screw. so I then checked 4003 model # and now i have tightened y axis,it was not loose but i got maybe 1/8 turn. pulled all the connections on back of cp. made as sure as i could there was no electric near xyz cables and all I have done is moved the location of the error points.
Attachments
4 circles.jpg
Sq-oval.jpg
John C up in MI aka jacduck before the internet

Kayvon

Re: HD4 with gantry upgrade can't make a circle

Post by Kayvon »

Looks like a problem with backlash. You've already checked the set screw. I'd take a look at everything touching the lead screw: all set screws, the ball nut or clamping block, any couplers, etc. When the CNC changes directions on that axis, the gantry isn't responding right away.

Todd05060

Re: HD4 with gantry upgrade can't make a circle

Post by Todd05060 »

Make sure you have the latest software installed. I believe they fixed this problem with a software update not too long ago.