Version 10.5 and now a pause when starting

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

OCEdesigns

Version 10.5 and now a pause when starting

Post by OCEdesigns »

I have been away from the CNC for about 2 month's. Finally got back into it a little yesterday and noticed there was an update to version 10.5 so I did the update. I opened up a design I have run many times before to make another one. After double checking the design and nothing had changed, I save it on the USB and went to the pendant to start the carving. There are 3 different tool changes. Every time I hit the Start, the spindle raises to the safe height and then pauses for about 7 seconds before moving to the starting point. Not sure if this is a glitch or a new safety feature?
Shark HD4 Extended Bed, Water Cooled Spindle. VCarve Pro 10.5
Maker of many chips

OCEdesigns

Re: Version 10.5 and now a pause when starting

Post by OCEdesigns »

UPDATE:
In case anyone else is looking, this is not a glitch! They did do this as a type of safety feature.
Maker of many chips

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

If it bothers you, it sounds like the sort of thing that's contained in the pre-processing file. It would be easy enough to remove if you're interested.

OCEdesigns

Post by OCEdesigns »

Kayvon wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:52 pm
If it bothers you, it sounds like the sort of thing that's contained in the pre-processing file. It would be easy enough to remove if you're interested.
I'm sure I can remove it but honestly it doesn't bother me. Actually gives me a second to make sure I didn't mess things up! LOL
Maker of many chips