Check the terminal connections in control box

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

mdcavanaugh

Check the terminal connections in control box

Post by mdcavanaugh »

Reading one of the posts I saw where someone found loose connections inside the control box. So I decided to check mine. MOST of the connections were loose. I got more than a half turn on the solid state relay screws. SO glad I checked. Noticed the wires to a 12Amp router are very small 22Ga wires - hmmmmmm.
Box.PNG

Tim Owens

Re: Check the terminal connections in control box

Post by Tim Owens »

Mdcavanaugh,

I am sorry you were seeing a loose connection in your box. Please provide me with the serial number on the side of the controller so I can check to see when it was assembles at our facility.

Per your other statement about the gage of wiring. We do not use 22 Gage wires anywhere in our Control boxes. For the USA controllers we use 26 gage for the LEDs. 18 Gage stranded for the DC power connection (you circled with red and black wires) which uses about 2 amps continuous and 18 Gage solid core (rated at 16 Amps max) for the power line connections (including the relay) . Since we have a fast blow 10 Amp fuse on this we will never exceed the max voltage.

For Canadian controller the gage rating for the line voltage wire we use heavier gage per there CSA specs.

Tim

mdcavanaugh

Post by mdcavanaugh »

Tim,

Control Box Model US111222, S/N US4553

OK on the wire gage.

What about cooling? Box gets warm!

Mike

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

as long as the box is still warm to the touch you should be fine.