Stoping a cut and going back to 0.0.0

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, sbk, al wolford

Stoping a cut and going back to 0.0.0

Postby misterx » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:07 pm

Hi, i have a shark hd3, I want to know if I pause a cut and then stop it on the computer screen with the curser (right next to the pause button), can I have the bit go back to 0.0.0? I always hit the red button on the control box then I have to close the control panel and start it again, and the bit is not at the start point. A lot of the time when that happens I already have the start point carved out because I use the center  XY Datum position. Or is there a way to stop a cut and not have to restart the control panel? Or better yet has anyone made a touchplate that does both the Z and finds the lower left corner that works on the shark? I’ve seen them made for other cnc machines.Thanks Tim
misterx

Re: Stoping a cut and going back to 0.0.0

Postby OCEdesigns » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:31 am

As far as I know anytime you STOP a cut you need to just start it over.

I wish the Vectric software had the feature to stop a cut and show you exactly where you are so you can go back if needed. If it's there I have never seen it.
Shark HD4 Extended Bed, Water Cooled Spindle. VCarve Pro 9.5
OCEdesigns

Re: Stoping a cut and going back to 0.0.0

Postby Kayvon » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:06 am

In the CNC Shark Control Panel, when I click the red Stop button on the screen, it stops the cutting. When I click it again, the machine returns to 0,0,0 (starting position). I'm not using the pause button at all.

This sounds like what you're asking about, right?
Kayvon

Return to CNC Shark