Y axis cuts are short

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

RaySimonetti

Y axis cuts are short

Post by RaySimonetti »

Hello all,
I have a Shark HD4 extended bed and Ive noticed on profile cuts the Y axis is cutting shorter than the design. The longer the cut the shorter it comes up. A 40" cut will actually come out at 39 7/8". After making some fences and doing some profile line cuts I've noticed that the whole design seems to be slightly squished in along the Y axis once it is cut. Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea how to fix this?

Kayvon

Re: Y axis cuts are short

Post by Kayvon »

Does it always return to the same point? If you move Y+40", then return -40", do you end up exactly where you started?

If so, you have some slippage on the Y axis. If not, it sounds like the ratio is slightly off, which shouldn't be the case with a Shark. I think you can correct it through the control panel (or possibly the pendant?), but I would first contact Next Wave to resolve it.

RaySimonetti

Re: Y axis cuts are short

Post by RaySimonetti »

I did finally get ahold of nextwave about it. After some trouble shooting tests they sent me a new motor for the Y axis. Still the same problem. They are now sending me a whole new controller box and pendant. Hopefully that solves the problem. To answer your question, yes it does always return to the same zero point. Thanks for your help!