Ready 2 raster and VTransfer

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jenmiller2

Ready 2 raster and VTransfer

Post by jenmiller2 »

Hi!
I have been using Vcarve desktop for creating and machining my projects. However, I am wondering if I am missing something with ready 2 raster and Vtransfer. I honestly have NO idea what these 2 programs on my computer do?! Can you please enlighten me about their use?? Where can I find a tutorial on these 2 programs? Can they be used to machine projects by themselves? Do they work in conjunction with other programs?

Much thanks!

sharkcutup

Re: Ready 2 raster and VTransfer

Post by sharkcutup »

From what I have found on the internet

Ready 2 Raster is for reading/editing the Gcode tap file

Vtransfer is for transferring the Gcode tap file directly to your CNC machine

Both of these programs seem to be from nextwaveautomation.com

Like I said this is what I found on the internet and it may not be accurate. Maybe someone else might chime in to either acknowledge or dispute what I have found.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

RJGeller

Post by RJGeller »

Ready2Raster is to convert an image to a laser-engraving file which can be transferred to the control panel for one of the NWA laser attachments.

It is a NextWaveAutomation program.

RJGeller

Pavel2

Post by Pavel2 »

I am interested in the ready to raster program and the processes used to produce laser photos on projects. From what I have learned an NWA machine cannot utilizes the Vectic laser module. I contacted NWA and they said I need to add a pendant controller to my HD pro. However, their support person also said the Vectric laser module photo still would not work and suggested Ready to Raster.
I would like to hear from someone who uses Ready to Raster, Ready to Control or VTransfer and hope they would post some photos of projects they have done.