Control Panel Version 1.5.0.22

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

spinningwood

Control Panel Version 1.5.0.22

Post by spinningwood »

Got an email yesterday explaining the scan probe registration gyrations I would have to go through when I upgraded to version 1.5.0.22 of the control panel software. Nextwave download page only shows version 1.5.0.21 of the control panel software. Where is version 1.5.0.22 available?

Ed

spinningwood

Re: Control Panel Version 1.5.0.22

Post by spinningwood »

Just got an email that the website will be updated later today with 1.5.0.22 available then.

Ed

meb

Post by meb »

I sent the registration files from version 1.5.0.21 on 12/13/2011 and have not heard anything from Nextwave Automation until I received the email yesterday about the new registration process. I can not use my machine because the control panel has me locked out. I am now losing production time for items I have low stock levels in and am now out of some items completely. I was locked out of my machine the time before this last change and had to send several emails before they finally sent the registration key. You would think that Nextwave Automation would have better support. Why do you have to re-register your equipment every time they change the control program and why are they so slow to respond when you do try to register?
They should have had version 1.5.0.22 available before they sent the emails!

meb

Post by meb »

They just sent my registration keys for the shark and the probe so I can at least use my machine until I instal version 1.5.0.22.
Just got another email letting me know that these keys should be good for the new version!
Got to go cut some wood!!
Thanks Dana

spinningwood

Post by spinningwood »

Glad you got back to work Dana. Who knows when 1.5.0.22 will finally be available for download. I think Nextwave might be working on Island Time (No problem mon....mana fo sur). At least you won't have to reregister (suggest keeping your fingers crossed).

The registration hassles have me scratching my head as well. I guess that nextwave is paranoid about some scumbag ripping off their control software and dropping a low cost competitive product into the market without having paid the development costs. I can understand them wanting to protect themselves, but pissing off your customers and making them jump through hoops to use the equipment they paid for is never a good business practice.

Ed

Who has low tolerance for being jerked around by equipment suppliers....

Bdub

Post by Bdub »

I just checked the download page and now see the 1.5.0.22 version posted. Also an updated manual and post processor files. I'd suggest a thorough read of the post processor sections prior to upgrading. Appears the new version uses (requires?) these new post processors. Personally I haven't upgraded yet so I can't offer any first hand experience. Once I do, I'll post back with any relevant info.

Bart

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Bart,

The 'new' Shark Control Panel does not require you to use the 'new' post processors. Entirely up to you.

Bdub

Post by Bdub »

Thanks Joe. The "no longer used" text on the download page for the original post processors threw me off a bit. So if I understand correctly now, I only need the new post processors and the .ini file if I wish to use the Direct Output feature or tweak the G64 tolerance settings? Otherwise I'm still good to go with the older post processors? Thanks in advance.

Bart

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Bart,

I can't speak for NWA, but certainly you'd expect the new posts to be better than the old, and so they are not going to keep the old on their download page. I know a few folks have been using them for a while and they seem to run just fine.

If you are using the 2010 post processor, open it up in Notepad and you'll find that it is using a G64 of P0.1. This is the same value as in the 'new - 3D' post processor. So you could stay with the 'old' post processor, and even tweak them.

You'll note the documentation describes the command necessary to enable the direct output use. If you've installed v.22 of the Control Panel, copied the .ini file to the post processor location as described in the doc, and successfully add this command to your 'old' post processor, I'd expect it to work, using the modified 'old' post processor.

v.22 has a few more bug defects fixed, is less likely to 'gray out' through inadvertent mouse or keyboard strokes while running, etc. It also sets the environmental variable on your computer (during installation) that is necessary for the direct output method to work. While this is not that complicated of a thing to set yourself, it is easier for 99.9% of users when the installer takes care of this for you.

drueth

Post by drueth »

At last I was able to get my control panel to register and stop displaying that pane in the but message that I have not registered my control pannel. I tried for about 2 weeks to get ver 1.5.0.21 to register and work properly. NWA would send me a key I would type it in, restart the program and it would ask me for the key again. On this site I saw chatter about a new issue 1.5.0.22 I also found a new pdf file CNC Shark Family Owners Manual cv1.5.0.9 WHICH is a HUGH step forward over the old one. (I belive the direction I got with a toilet set were a little better than the old one)

So I uninstaled ver 1.5.0.21 and followed the new manual step by step and it loaded and worked the first try. And to my suprised when I started the control pannel it somehow found the key information I had typed in for the old ver.
drueth
Shark Pro Plus HD
new to CNC 12/2012