shark pro router clamp

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Chunky

Re: shark pro router clamp

Post by Chunky »

Eric - WoodEraser

The picture Sam provided of the Dewalt router in his aluminum clamp is from my machine. I needed it after my OEM one cracked and wouldn't hold the router tight. You mention about the dust port section - never had one on this machine. My Shark is the original and I bought it 3 years ago. Guess the small machine did not or does not have dust port collection capability because of its small size.
One other thing though and this is my own opinion - when I bought the machine I put a Bosch Colt on it - worked fine (very loud) until the collett broke - wrote the company and they sent me a new one no charge; however, by that time I had bought the Dewalt (and an OEM clamp-the one that broke). Bottom line - the Dewalt is a much better router - less noise - has a little light around the collett so you can see and has been going strong for 2 years.
Long story for a quick answer.

Regards
Don (chunky)

slicric

Post by slicric »

A year ago I got a replacement router clamp from NWA for my Pro Plus. The replace clamp was much huskier then the original. Today, the huskier replacement broke. Instead of purchasing another on from NWA, I think it is time to purchase one from Dixie Billet, but cannot find a web site for them. Could anybody help me. Thanks in advance.
Ric

rungemach

Post by rungemach »

Just email Sam at

business@dixiebillet.com

NewAgent45

Post by NewAgent45 »

ZAC:
I agree the jacking bolts to adjust the spindle to be perpendicular is not a bad idea. Some times simple is better. Since this should be a one time adjustment I used plastic shim stock to make this adjustment. I have a whole package if different thicknesses and It is a very handy thing. I believe I ended up with a single strip of 0.025" shim stock under the front edge of the Dixie Billet Clamp. I'm running a Dewalt 618. I made this adjustment while surface planning a large spoil board. I'm sure you know, if striping is observed when using a large planning (1 1/4") the spindle is not perpendicular with the table.

All have a great day!

... Rod