Code is Not Honoring Y Axis Length for 3D Toolpaths

Everything 4th Axis

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

KathyGetto

Code is Not Honoring Y Axis Length for 3D Toolpaths

Post by KathyGetto »

Hoping for some guidance and/or insight on where to look for help when running both a roughing and finishing 3D toolpath.

Project is set up on a 6" piece of stock that is 1.5" square as is comprised of two jobs.

Job #1, which is created in its own file, is a rounding toolpath that carves the 1.5" square stock down to a 1.0" round stock for a length of 4" centered in the middle of the 6" stock.

Job #2, also created in its own file, has three toolpaths:
A -- is another rounding toolpath that reduces the 1.0" round stock down to 0.9" for a length of 3" centered in the middle of the 6" stock.
This toolpath renders correctly with a diameter of 0.9" at the 3" length.

B -- a 3D Roughing toolpath that carves 'rings' around the dowel to create a spindle.
C -- a 3D Finish toolpath that finished the 3D carving of the spindle.
These toolpaths render correctly on the diameter carving BUT the length of the carves are 4" which is an inch longer than desired and set within the job length.

Took a quick look at Job #2's G code for all toolpaths which state a length of 3". But...

The maximum values for Y on Job 2 A are 1.5 and -1.5 which means it honors the correct length of 3".
The maximum values for Y on Job 2 B + C are 2.0 and -2.0 which means it carves past the correct length of 3".

I've attached an image with snippets of the code which show the length and the maximum Y values.

Any help and/or direction on how to fix are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments
Y-Values.png

Bob

Re: Code is Not Honoring Y Axis Length for 3D Toolpaths

Post by Bob »

I need to think in terms of a physical world. (It takes me a long time to decipher all the words of code.) If no one else can answer your question, would you please post the crv file/s you are describing. This way I can look at them and give you my opinion.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

KathyGetto

Post by KathyGetto »

Thanks for taking a look.

I had trouble attaching the three files separately, so they are all combined into one line file separated by *****************.
Attachments
AllThreeFiles.txt
(664.13 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

KathyGetto

Post by KathyGetto »

Thanks for taking a look.

I had trouble attaching the three files separately, so they are all combined into one line file separated by *****************.

AllThreeFiles.txt
(664.13 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Bob

Post by Bob »

I was talking about the .crv files used to draw the job, unless you're using Aspire to make 3D models, or if you're talking about rotary machining, then you would need someone with experience in those methods.
However, if you are making 2D, or 2.5D drawings I could be more helpful.
I hope someone who is comfortable with code checks in...
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

KathyGetto

Post by KathyGetto »

AOK, Bob.

Sorry for sending the wrong files. I am using VCarve Pro to do some rotary work.

I did go in and edit the Gcode and replaced any of the y=2.00 values. We reran the code and it worked well except for where y=1.9955 and y=1.9997. :)

Thanks for your help!

Kathy