First completed project

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sprevost

First completed project

Post by sprevost »

What more appropriate way to break in a new toy (the Shark) than to make a plaque for a friend's new baby!! I am rapidly finding the steep learning curve to CNC, but loving every moment of it. I hope to have more projects soon. I am in the very early stages of starting a small business (on the side) to sell projects, and will tell you that the response to this carving was immediate. I had two official orders within a day or two, and others very interested.
Attachments
photo.JPG
Prevost Woodworking - A hobby, a passion, a piece of mind

Keith Hodges

Re: First completed project

Post by Keith Hodges »

Nice job for your first project! Now you'll have to see about making a Lithophane or two, or 20! Its all very addictive!
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Very nice for your first one, many more to come.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

From the looks of your "first project" I would say you don't need to worry about the learning curve too much. You have covered a lot of ground with that one project. There are tons of little details to learn but you have got a good handle on the hard stuff. Once you learn to get something out of the computer and into the wood you have taken a tremendously large step. Lookin' good!

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

sprevost

Post by sprevost »

Thank you all for your encouragement. Keith, I am looking forward to my first lithophane. I have PhotoVCarve and know that the sky is the limit. When that time comes, I will be sure to post that project as well.
Prevost Woodworking - A hobby, a passion, a piece of mind

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

I'm looking forward for your first lithophane.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.