Most ambitious Litho so far!

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Keith Hodges

Most ambitious Litho so far!

Post by Keith Hodges »

I love the 3D models from Vectorart3D, they add a lot to lithophanes. Did this one for my wife's daughter and her grand kids. 5 individual litho carvings, a 3D carving, and text carved on top of the 3D banner, all on an 8 x 10 inch piece of Corian. The curved corners were the result of my stupidity, I forgot to zero my HD after carving the 3D banner. It cut a nice one inch groove into the bottom left corner. Not one to waste the material, I cut the corners with my bandsaw, and touched it up with my sander. Corian cuts and sands very nicely, and easily. The nice thing about doing so many pictures on one piece like this, I cut all the rough passes first, then all the finish passes. That way I didn't have to change the bit but one time. Enjoy! Keith
Attachments
Linda and Grand babies.JPG
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

wolffie

Re: Most ambitious Litho so far!

Post by wolffie »

Looks GOOD.
Nice job
Wolffie
I am never going to die, I live in Paradise already

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Nice job Keith.

What does the back look like? What kind of light did you use.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Hi Tony! I haven't put it in a light box yet. That's just a lamp behind it to light it up. Gonna do a standard box, and cut a frame out of a flat board with a 1/4 inch rabbit on the inside opening to hold the corian. Just a little different because of the round corners.
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.