Cowboy Stuff

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Dash

Cowboy Stuff

Post by Dash »

This is a simple little project, nothing really complex but, people here are loving it!! Remember I am stuck in the Bible Belt of West Texas and many acres of farm and ranch land here. Cowboy Churches are all over because, I suppose, they are non-denominational. Anyway, pretty simple.
Thanks for looking,
Dash
Attachments
000_0276.JPG

tonydude

Re: Cowboy Stuff

Post by tonydude »

Dash,

Did you do the horseshoes too? Nice work on it.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Dash

Post by Dash »

Good Evening, Tony.
No, the horse shoes are on top of the wood as the rope is also. Just used simple wire thru drilled holes to attach the shoes. I have been playing with the idea of using the Shark to cut out for shoes to embed shoes or stars into the plaques. Stars are easy...Finding a pattern the size of the shoes I have available is a lost cause. Any ideas on a pattern? I try to stick with just a couple of sizes of shoes; There are hundreds of variety's of a simple horse shoe...

By the way, love the Harley plaque! The contrasting colors of wood ROCK!!

Thanks for the kind words.
Dash

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Dash - that is really nice. Thanks for sharing it and describing how you created it.

VectorArt 3D does have a horseshoe model and there are some of various qualities in the Google 3D warehouse that seem to be royalty free (for what it's worth). I do like how you incorporated the horseshoes and rope into this. You might want to check out the VectorArt 3D Design and Carve site - try to keep the drool off of the keyboard...