Getting a little patriotic

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Keith Hodges

Getting a little patriotic

Post by Keith Hodges »

My son was just deployed to Afghanistan, serving as a door gunner on army helicoptors. So I've been thinking of the patriotic themes, thus the praying hands acrylic carving. Also, just yesterday, the remains of a young Marine killed in action in Viet Nam, in 1975, we're returned to his remaining family members, and his funeral is tomorrow. Being a Viet Nam vet myself, I was very touched by this, as well as the reception by the small town of Center Ridge, Arkansas, which is close by. This prompted me to carve the lithophane of the 18 year old (at the time) Marine, using the photo from the local newspaper story. I'm going to contact the family members, two brothers, and two sisters, and present it to them in honor of their brother. Some things just need to be done!
Attachments
Heres to our troops.JPG
PFC Maxwell.JPG
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

Dash

Re: Getting a little patriotic

Post by Dash »

Keith,
Nothing more can be said...
Please give my/ our regards and best wishes to his family. Very nice Memorial.
Served his Country, died for his Country...
God speed Marine!!
Hats off to you too, Keith
Dash

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Thank you to you and your son for your service.

I am always proud to see how communities rally around the neighbors who serve(d).

Your gift to his family shows that good exists in this world.

They look fantastic BTW. To get a high quality carving using a newspaper as a source is an achievement in itself.

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

ttolli

Post by ttolli »

Nuff Said-
My son -in-law is Army (20yrs) been to Afghanistan and Iraq and a lot of points in between. I hope to do something like this , as soon as I get my shark able to bite! Hats off to the military !!!
Tim

Keith Hodges

Post by Keith Hodges »

Thanks guys for your kind comments! Getting ready to do another for my sister and brother in law. Their son spent 7 tours in Afghanistan and Iraq with the army special forces, just to come home and be hit and killed while riding his motorcycle. What a wasted end for a real hero!
Being retired is hard work. Spending way too much time in the shop these days. (And loving it).
Shark Pro Plus HD, Vcarve Pro, Photo V Carve, Cut 3D, scan probe.

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

Great job Keith and "WELCOME Home" I was in Nam in 68/69 with the 3rd Marine div.God bless your son and keep him safe.The plexi carving is great.And the litho came out fantastic.Keep cranking them out. Basecircle

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Keith,

What a wonderful thing to do. Sending best wishes to all the families. Keep the lithophanes and other plaques coming.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.