Then and Now

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

ohiococonut

Then and Now

Post by ohiococonut »

I purchased my Shark Pro HD in Feb from Rockler in Cincinnati and got a really good deal with the included Bosch router for free. I also bought the probe that initially had issues but were promptly resolved by Rockler and Tim.
I was reading the forum before that time and running the trial software so the learning curve wasn't that bad. Here is a picture of my first two very nervous cuts.

Here's one of my latest creations. It a two coat hanger on Maple that I drew out and carved. The mounting holes are 16" on center and located behind the coat hangers so they're not visible. I had wanted to make a coat hanger for my shop but now my wife says it should go elsewhere.

Here's a couple of praying hands I did. The first one is Bubinga for my wife and the other is Purple Heart for my mother-in law.

Since my first cut I've bought the Precise Bits collets and tapered ball nose bits along with numerous other bits. I know I need to take the time to work on my sanding and finishing but it's just too much fun and I can't wait to cut more! :D

The initial investment was pretty hefty considering I had to make the table, shark tank, buy a dust collector, bits, etc, etc so I'm saving for Aspire now.
Del

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."

roger85281

Re: Then and Now

Post by roger85281 »

Good job. You are turning out some very nice work. Thanks for posting the progression from first cut. I have a Mako on order and I really understand the upfront expense and work to be done even before the unit arrives. I have built a new bench, shark tank and put in a dust collection system. I am nervous and excited about getting the new system, but when I see post where people are turning out nice projects I believe it will be worth the time and expense.

Roger

ohiococonut

Re: Then and Now

Post by ohiococonut »

Thanks Roger.
Actually my first cut was an air cut I was so nervous. When I set the zero on top of the piece of wood I stood with my hand over the e-stop button I was so scared :oops: The first two engravings were a little deep but the machine did exactly what I programmed it to do. I've had my mistakes along the way but I also learned from them too. I've broken one bit, dulled one and chewed the heck out of a coupls of clamps until I went to zeroing in the center.
I Still get excited when I go to my shop and power up the Shark!
Del

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go."