Replacement collet and nut for a DWP611 router

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

edowney

Replacement collet and nut for a DWP611 router

Post by edowney »

Hi Folks,

I bought a very nice used shark and when I got it all hooked up and ready to cut I learned, sadly, that the standard collet that is sold with the DeWalt 611 is way to big for my 2mm single flute end mill bits. And then I found out the collet and nut are not separable (like it is on my old machine). So now I'm on the hunt for a new collet - does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a website that sell that stuff?

Thanx!

toddaint

Re: Replacement collet and nut for a DWP611 router

Post by toddaint »

You could try your local Whiteside Machine Company seller. Whiteside has collets, and offers a quick change chuck option for a couple router brands. web site below scroll to bottom
http://www.whitesiderouterbits.com/catalog.html#catimgs

Larry Stobbs

Re: Replacement collet and nut for a DWP611 router

Post by Larry Stobbs »

Go to prescisebits.com and they have a nice collet setup for this router, the only real problem with the DeWalt unit that I have found is that the brushes only last for around 95 to 100 hours and then are done. The design was nice in that when the brushes get worn down to a certain point the kill the router to keep you from ruining the armature but you don't get much of a forewarning the brushes are failing. It will be running at full speed and the next thing you no the router stops. I have talked to DeWalt, they aren't going to address the issue so if you run your machine a lot, plan on replacing brushes and keeping track of how many hours of run time you have on them. If it stop running in the middle of carving you ruin the material and often break the bit since it is no longer turning.