Load Error

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

misterx

Load Error

Post by misterx »

Hi, I am very new to CNC, this my first try to cut something and I get a load error that says, load error: ERROR lINE 1 Bad Character used. I have the SHARK PRO PLUS. I am attaching the file. Can someone please help me and tell me where I went wrong? Thank You Tim
Attachments
Side Part x3 Parts.crv
(244.5 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Load Error

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Tim,

There doesn't appear to be any problem at all with your project setup. An error like this is typically one of 2 things - you didn't select the right post processor when you ran the Save Toolpaths tool; free electrons when the Basic Panel loaded the tap file (generated when you ran the Save Toolpaths tool). You may want to double check and try generating the tap file again and see if that clears it up. In the free electron case - power down the control box, close the Basic Panel, power on the control box, start the Basic Panel and load the tap file again.

Some other things that might contribute to this - but am speculating here -

1. During your setup of the new machine - did you run the firmware update and did it report success?

2. Did you download the latest post processors from the Next Wave Automation site, install those for use with VCarve, and are using them?