Training Class

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Busterville

Re: Training Class

Post by Busterville »

That would be awesome - you could count me in as well!

JimMills

Post by JimMills »

The School that I Work at gives classes on CNC routing using the shark HD and vcarve.
located in St. Louis, MO
American Woodworking Academy
http:www.awacademy.com
Jim Mills
American Woodworking Academy
http://www.awacademy.com

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

Head over to the vectric site. They have people offer camps from time to time. I am in Dallas and the local Rockler store has a monthly Shark meeting to trade stories and give tips.

-Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

Consultingwoodworker

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

I live in TN, and I'd be happy to create and teach a class in VCarve and the Shark.

What topics would folks like to learn?

I'm in Middle TN, very close to Nashville. Easy Airport access and lots of hotels in my town. We can easily fit 5-8 people in my shop for class.

Let's figure this out!

Ralph

thepuchman

Post by thepuchman »

BarryECW wrote:
I'm trying to vcarve a VectorArt3D file in 2D. I thought I had calculated the toolpath correctly, but it is apparently
only doing 1 cut path & cutting too deep on that pass. I feel like there should be multiple paths but the imported file doesn't
allow for changes to be made. I'm totally confused and frustrated because I don't know what to do when something doesn't
go the way it appears it should. Attaching ny toolpath for review if someone can tell me what I am missing.
Hi Barry, I have not used that version but in the CUT3D there is a roughing path. It is step #3 of the process when setting up the job in the software. You have to check the box to activate the option and allow setting the parameters. There should be something similar in the software you are using.

thepuchman

Post by thepuchman »

I work at Vincennes University which is located in southwest Indiana. I am not well versed in the software as I am learning it as well. I have been using MasterCAM instead. So if there is interest and someone is knowledgable and would like to do the presentation I can start making arrangements. We have plenty of room in a modern industrial CNC Lab with class room space. I can bring in my ProPlusHD for the class.

thepuchman

Post by thepuchman »

I have been contacted by someone willing to put on a class. Is there any further interest out there? The University in located between Terre Haute and Evansville Indiana on the Illinois border.

wine2888

fonts

Post by wine2888 »

I'm making a sing 18 x 7 in. Name is 10 letters long on the last letter it carves into the letter before it .. but works ok with 9 letter names .. any one knows why???? My email is wine2888@yahoo.com

thepuchman

Post by thepuchman »

I have to ask if you are running out of travel.

milo30

Post by milo30 »

Are you guys wanting a class on the Shark or the vectric software? I am going to a 3 day seminar on aspire/vcarve and they will be going over the new features in both. It was only like $80 for the class. There is also a sign making class being held for around $200 I think but you will go home with a sign and they will design you a sign to make when you get home. Go over to the vectric forum and they have them listed. I am going next month. From what I understand, they put it together with several people teaching so you get lots of good info from some pros.