confused on v8

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

confused on v8

Post by gpeck »

How many builds are there, when i click updates, it says that all updates are installed. Do I have to buy this new v8 program for 175.00 to get new updates? From what I read on the forum it has its problems too. I bought the black diamond a year and a half ago, have had my share of problems with it and and still do. I would prefer not to have to get another program and go through more problems with it, but if that is what I have to do, maybe it would best thing to do and maybe get rid of some of my frustration.

gpeck

Re: confused on v8

Post by gpeck »

Also what is [v2.1 Build 16] ??

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

2.1 build 16 is for the shark controller software.

vCarve is on version 8.something. If you are using a lower version that you bought within a year ago you are can upgrade for no cost. Otherwise VCarve 8 will cost you the $175 upgrade fee. Well worth it from my perspective. I don't work for Vectric or NextWave.

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

I up dated from 2.5 to 2.1 this morning, went too file on the controller clicked on preferance an a window came up with hot something and virtrul no grid line info.
What did I do wrong or not instal???????