CNC Touch Plate

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

RJC3

CNC Touch Plate

Post by RJC3 »

I am about to purchase the Shark Touch Plate and am wondering if there is a difference between the large and small touch plate as it relates to the accuracy of setting the "Z" zero axis to an exact depth. The smaller plate is cheaper, but I don't want to buy it and then realize I should have purchased the full size one. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Kayvon

Re: CNC Touch Plate

Post by Kayvon »

I would expect Z accuracy to be the same between the two. The larger is "better" in that it lays over a larger area of your workpiece, so if you have some subtle variation on the piece it's more likely to find the high z point.

If you're happy with the small, just get it. My Z plate is about 2" big and is extremely accurate.

RJC3

Post by RJC3 »

Thank you for the info!

Wheels

Post by Wheels »

The description for the small touch plate says "Must have the Touch Plate to operate the Mini Touch Plate"
You must use the cord from the larger touch plate with the smaller touch plate.

Bob

Post by Bob »

It sounds like you just need the cord unplugged from the large touch plate and plugged into the smaller plate.
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Or, possibly, you need the registration from the large touchplate for the system to recognize it. It's the only thing that stops you from just making your own.